Career opportunities at North Carolina State; University of Chicago; Amhurst College and Rockhurst University
NC LIVE seeks candidate… to join a seven-member team of librarians and information technology professionals serving the state from NCSU Libraries on the campus of NC State University. This newly-created position reports to the NC LIVE Executive Director.
The Web/UXD Librarian will have primary responsibility to design, develop, and maintain the web and mobile interfaces of NC LIVE’s digital library services and collections.
Web and Application Development
- Provide hands on leadership and vision in the development, support, integration, and administration of NC LIVE’s digital library websites, portals, and discovery systems
- Conduct ongoing research into the development of new digital library interface capabilities, enhancements, and user-centered design trends
- Partner with member library staff to maximize access to and use of NC LIVE’s digital collections through creative web design that improves the patron’s discovery experience
- Provide frontline support for digital library services through NC LIVE’s content management systems and library relations systems
- Participate in consortial planning, by serving on committees, taskforces, and teams…
Salary and Benefits
Salary is very competitive, commensurate with education and experience. Position is non-tenure track faculty at the rank of Librarian. Benefits include: 24 days vacation, 12 days sick leave; State of NC comprehensive major medical insurance, and state, TIAA/CREF, or other retirement options. Additional and optional dental, life, disability, deferred compensation, and legal plans are offered. Tuition waiver program for all campuses of The University of North Carolina is available. More benefits information is available at http://www7.acs.ncsu.edu/hr/benefits/.
Application process and schedule
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration. The nomination committee may invite candidates for confidential, pre-interview screenings. Applicants must apply through the NC State University online employment website at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/. Search by position number 00102614, complete application, and attach cover letter, résumé, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of four current, professional references.
The University of Chicago Library invites applicants for the position of Electronic Resources Management (ERM) Librarian…
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian (AUL) for Collection Services, the ERM Librarian provides leadership, vision, and direction for electronic resources management in a library that has made it a strategic priority to ensure users can take full advantage of resources. The ERM Librarian establishes standards for electronic resources management, assesses whether standards are being met, and recommends and implements changes to improve electronic resources for Library users. Representing the University of Chicago Library at professional conferences and meetings, and maintaining professional networks and collaborative relationships with other libraries, the ERM Librarian both remains abreast of changes affecting electronic resources management and assumes an active leadership and advocacy role within the field.
For a complete position description, including qualifications, please visit www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/jobs/librarianvacant.html.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:Appointment salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include retirement plan, insurance, and paid time off. There is a tuition benefit plan for college age and younger children.
To apply for this position, submit a profile, cover letter, CV, and reference contact information to https://academiccareers.uchicago.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52261.
Applications received by July 7, 2012 will be assured consideration.”
Title: Science Librarian
Date completed: May 2012
Reports to: Head of Research & Instruction
Position status: Full-time, with some evening and weekend hours
Teaches in the library’s program of course-integrated research instruction and does outreach to faculty, students, and departments in the sciences. Serves as subject librarian for Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Mathematics, Neuroscience, and Physics, acting as research instructor, liaison, and selector. Administers the Science Library. Provides reference service and guides library users in identifying, retrieving, and evaluating information in all formats…
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates and delivers instruction in disciplinary research and using academic information in a variety of settings; works to continually hone skills as a teacher and to incorporate appropriate technology into all contexts.
• Administers the Science Library: provides leadership in planning for services and policies; works closely with the Science Library Specialist, who is responsible for day-to-day functioning of student workers, circulation, and reserves, and the Head of Access Services; works with other Library departments as necessary to ensure excellent service.
• Serves as subject specialist and liaison to academic departments in the sciences: provides in-depth consultations about resources; develops and manages relevant collections in all formats; promotes library services to faculty; and stays informed about issues and needs in scientific research and e-science.
• Provides general reference service in the main Robert Frost Library.
• Incorporates emerging information technologies and trends in scholarly communication; anticipates and facilitates changes in and new uses of resources in response to evolving patterns of publishing and information dissemination.
• Actively participates in outreach activities, committees, and work groups of the Library, the College, Five Colleges, and at regional and national organizations.
• Demonstrates and facilitates effective communication throughout the Library and across the College.
The Rockhurst University Greenlease Library is seeking a dynamic and innovative librarian who will serve as a key member of its team. This position provides strategic leadership in the areas of acquisitions and serials management through dedicated job performance, collaboration, and service excellence to diverse constituencies.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technical Services, the Acquisitions and Serials Librarian is a full-time exempt staff position. The successful candidate will have a MLS from an ALA accredited master’s program, experience with using an integrated library system, proficiency in using Microsoft Excel or a comparable spreadsheet program, proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all internal and external constituents, proven strong organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills, demonstrated aptitude for detail-oriented work and have an appreciation of the Jesuit mission, values, and goals of the University.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, Rockhurst University, 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110.
(Image source: Rockhurst University Greenlease Library website.)