Career Opportunities at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, University of Georgia Libraries, Florida International University and the University of Wisconsin.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill seeks a … individual for the position of Head of Kenan Science Information Services. Recently opened in 2010, the Kenan Science Library is a campus focal point for e-science information services, and provides a coordinated location for liaison and collection development activities in the physical, biological, and earth sciences. Leading a team of librarians, this person oversees the operation of the Kenan Science Library, provides coordination for science information services and vision for the development of new, innovative approaches to e-science and data management. Additionally, the Head of Kenan Science Information Services will collaborate with staff in the Health Sciences Library to build strong interdisciplinary science collections and services, especially those supporting data intensive and team based science involving the biomedical sciences.
The Head of Kenan Science Information Services will develop and maintain close relationships with faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates in the assigned and related academic disciplines to ensure the highest and most effective level of library support for their research, teaching, and learning. The individual in this position will work with the science research community, the Libraries’ Data Management Committee and other library and university colleagues to develop sustainable resources and services that assist faculty and students with preserving their own and accessing others’ research data. The Head will also maintain awareness of tools, sources, and methodologies for computationally centered, data-driven research (data mining, visualization, text mining, etc.). The Head is also expected to participate actively in and contribute to the work of library and campus committees, professional organizations and initiatives dealing with data and metadata.
The Head of Kenan Science Information Services supervises two subject librarians and support personnel who share responsibility for developing high quality collections and delivering both general and specialized reference, research and instructional services. Within this context, they participate in long-term planning, conduct on-going assessment of collections and services, develop web-based guides and other research and learning products, collaborate on special projects, and serve on committees and task forces as needed…
Deadline for Application
Review of applications will begin on May 1, 2012. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to applications received by the begin review date.
Please visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3132 and complete the online application. Please include a letter of application, a resume and the name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number of three professional references. Additionally, please indicate in your cover letter where you first learned of this position.
Full-time, tenure-track, available July 2012. The UHM Library is a rapidly changing environment and its Ed. Technology Librarian is expected to develop expertise with emerging technologies, lead and/or participate in innovative library projects. Under the general direction of the Head of the Sinclair Library Dept., this position has primary responsibility for developing a sustainable program of library services that will support distance learning at the UHM. For complete position responsibilities and minimum and desired qualifications visit the UH website: http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/ Continuousrecruitment. Review of applications will begin on 05/25/12 and continue until the position is filled. The University of Hawai’i is an EEO/AA institution.
The University of Georgia Libraries seeks a Science Reference/Instruction Librarian who will be responsible to the Head of the Reference Department for assisting students, faculty, and staff in making effective use of library and other internet resources, citation management programs including EndNote, and applications software. To achieve this goal, the Science Reference/Instruction Librarian provides in-person and virtual reference assistance, library instruction sessions, departmental office hours, and one-on-one in-depth consultations in all areas of the sciences with a special focus on assigned liaison departments. The Science Reference/Instruction Librarian also develops web pages and other guides for faculty who wish to incorporate research resources into their curriculum. This position also provides remote assistance through phone, e-mail, chat and text reference. Night and weekend work is required. To view a full description of duties and qualifications please go to http://www.libs.uga.edu/humres/jobs/scienceref.html
The Libraries are seeking an individual with both technical expertise and a commitment to end-user services to join our team in transforming the Libraries media services.
The Digital Media Librarian is a member of the Sound & Image Department, and has overall responsibility for media collections and services. Working within the department and with colleagues in Green Library (MMC) and Hubert Library (BBC), this librarian will have responsibility to:
- Acquire, coordinate, and manage video, audio, and image collections.
- Provide outreach services to the user community.
- Participate in the university-wide development and implementation of policies related to digital rights management, copyright, and intellectual property standards.
- Oversee the digitization of legacy media collections for both access and preservation.
- Participate in the university’s development and implementation of streaming media services.
The Steenbock Library is seeking an … librarian to collaborate with other science librarians in a wide range of library services and programming, including outreach and liaison to the life sciences research community, information literacy instruction, and reference services. Principal duties include:
- Serve as liaison to assigned life sciences departments, centers and programs to cultivate and sustain effective working relationships in support of related interdisciplinary research and teaching needs; lead identification, development and enhancement of services that respond to these needs.
- Provide information, research and reference services with an emphasis on assigned liaison areas; develop web and print-based materials that support these services; collaborate with colleagues to support UW-Madison science libraries’ resources and services.
- Participate on the campus Research Data Services team with other librarians and information technology staff to help provide consultations, presentations and other services to support research data management planning and best practices.
- Plan, teach and assess information literacy in collaboration with faculty to integrate information literacy objectives and essential learning outcomes into the curriculum; develop web and print-based materials that support science information literacy.
- Participate in campus-wide public service and instruction committees.
- Participate in professional development activities.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references
Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #73387 to:
Patricia Erickson, 728 State St, 367 Memorial Library, Madison, WI 53706-1418. Email: email@example.com