Born and Lived: Born and raised in Wilmington, Delaware (aka The First State). Lived in Atlanta, Charlottesville, Cleveland, Louisville, and now living in Vienna, Virginia, just outside Washington, DC
Professional Career and Activities:
- Director, Georgetown University Press, 2001-present.
- Director, Westminster John Knox Press, 1996-2001
- Editor, Pilgrim Press, 1992-1996
- Editor, The Miller Center of Public Affairs, University of Virginia, 1988-1992
- PhD in Religion, University of Virginia
- Masters in Theological Studies, Emory University
- MBA, University of Louisville
- AB, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Family: Married with four children, ages 22, 21, 19, 15
How/Where I See the Industry in Five Years: More aggregation, more chunking, more social reading, and greater access to digital content in a variety of formats–both paid and OA. I would like to see publishers and librarians and IT departments and scholars collaborating to better serve communities of practice–those groups, in various fields of study, who are creating tools for learning and trying to solve problems.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways