“With the Statistical Abstract of the United States slated for extinction following the release of the 2012 edition, ProQuest said Thursday morning that it will take over publication of one of the best known and respected reference works beginning with the 2013 edition. Published annually since 1878, the Census Bureau announced last year it would stop producing the work after this year. ProQuest said it will make both print and digital editions of Statistical Abstract available. ProQuest is publishing the title with Bernan Press, a Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group imprint, which will print, market and distribute the book…”
via Publishers Weekly
For more information read the full ProQuest News release at: ProQuest Picks up Where the Census Bureau Left Off: The Statistical Abstract of the United States Will Be Back This Year
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways