NASIG is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 27th Annual Conference, June 7-10th 2012 in Nashville, Tennessee…Early Bird registration is open from now until 5 p.m. Eastern time on May 4, 2012. Complete your registration early and be entered into a drawing for $100! Register for the conference at http://www.nasig.org/conference_registration.cfm. Sheraton Music City Hotel reservation information is at http://www.nasig.org/conference_hotel.cfm.
“Thursday, March 1 at 5 p.m. CST is the receipt deadline for scholarships to the June 4-7, 2012 International Conference of Tribal Archives, Libraries, and Museums at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Qualified applicants must work with a tribal archive, library, museum or cultural center, or be enrolled full-time in a museum, library, archival, or Native Studies related program. Awards are primarily based upon the extent to which an applicant is likely to benefit from the conference and financial need. Scholarships range from $250 to $750 and may include registration fees and three-nights shared lodging.”
This conference is sponsored by Academic Impressions and is scheduled for March 26 – 28 in Baltimore. According to their website “this hands-on event will provide you with an integrated and practical approach to library planning and design. Participants will:
- Analyze the latest in library design and learning space theory
- Investigate the fundamentals of library planning
- Explore a variety of student services found in libraries
- Uncover processes for working with project stakeholders and promoting campus involvement”
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake
- Jonathan Harwell on ATG Hot Topics of the Week
- Ramune Kubilius on ATG: “I Wonder” Wednesday: Is your library being required to pay for post-cancellation access to journals previously subscribed to and for which you have already paid?