“The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) will host its Eighth Annual Leadership Symposium for master of library and information science (MLIS) students on Saturday and Sunday, January 21 and 22, 2012, in Dallas, TX. The Leadership Symposium curriculum will focus on topics related to the major strategic areas of ARL, as well as transitioning into, and building career networks in, research libraries.” Registration is open through Saturday, December 31, 2011, at 5:00 p.m. EST. To register for the event, visit http://www.formstack.com/forms/?752339-Z2MWsZ9ywB.
“At the upcoming meeting of the American Library Association (ALA) in Dallas, TX, SPARC (the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition) and the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) will co-host a timely panel discussion on “Getting the rights right for the future of scholarly communication.” The forum will be held Saturday, January 21, 2012 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM at the Dallas Convention Center, room A201/202.”
Call for Panel Presentation Proposals: 2012 ALCTS CE Electronic Resources Interest Group at ALA Midwinter Conference, Dallas, TX
The ALCTS CRS Electronic Resources Interest Group invites proposals for its panel discussion at ALA Midwinter Conference in Dallas. The presentation will be held Saturday, January 21, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. The topic to be presented will be “Counter Striking with Statistics: Informing Electronic Resource Decision Making in Times of Tight Budgets.” Please send abstracts of presentations to ERIG chair, Liz Babbitt, Lbabbitt@mt.gov by 5 pm (EST), Monday, December 12, 2011.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways