Here are some additional news items:
ProQuest … has re-organized into strategic business units designed to provide strong, clear focus on customer needs. Chief Executive Officer Kurt Sanford who joined the company in July has created a new structure consisting of six business units.
- Tim Wahlberg, Senior Vice President and General Manager of ProQuest Corporate Market Solutions leads the corporate market business.
- Michael Gersch continues in his role as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Serials Solutions.
- Rich LaFauci, Senior Vice President and General Manager of ProQuest Research Solutions, leads the consumer business as well as product brands.
- Kevin Sayar, President and General Manager of ebrary® will continue to lead the company as he has from its conception in 1999.
- Boe Horton, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of ProQuest East Asia, continues his focus on developing products and services for customers in that region.
“Springer Science+Business Media (www.springer.com) has reached an agreement with Wolters Kluwer to acquire the Pharma Marketing and Publishing Services division (MPS) for its Springer Healthcare unit. MPS is one of the five largest global providers of strategic marketing, publishing and business intelligence products and services to the pharmaceutical industry, as well as to medical libraries and academic and research institutions.”
Alexander Street Press just added 27 new titles to their Filmakers Library Online. The collection now has 973 titles/ 769 hours of streaming video.
Gale Launches MyGovernment TM
New Resource Provides Information to Empower Citizens to Become Active Participants in all Levels of Government
Gale, part of Cengage Learning and a leading publisher of research and reference resources for libraries, schools and businesses, today announced MyGovernment (TM), an online subscription-based resource that provides essential information on United States elected officials, candidates and their key issues, and information on how our government functions. It is produced by KnowWho, Inc. and distributed by Gale to the library market.
MyGovernment (TM) provides detailed information on United States political representatives at the federal, state and local levels. It enables users to easily locate, research and contact their elected officials, as well as access background and biographical data, committee assignments, photos, news articles and even campaign contribution sources. MyGovernment (TM) also includes a basic guide to U.S. government – including how laws are made in Congress, information on becoming a U.S. citizen, voter information, useful links and websites for additional information and more. It is the only resource that teaches users how government works and brings together and organizes the information needed to become a well-informed voter.