In his blog for O’Reilly Radar, Mac Slocum raises a question that our more tech savvy readers may be wondering about themselves. Mac admits that he carries “a tablet and a laptop and a smartphone” and wonders how “the dream of one device to rule them all has morphed into a hazy vision of three devices that are all somehow necessary (tablet for browsing/consuming, laptop for real work, phone for on-the-go updates/camera — how did it come to this?).” He frankly admits that for him, the tablet experience cannot replace the laptop – yet. Then he provides a tablet “wish list” that participants in “a recent back-channel email thread” came up with.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake