In his blog for O’Reilly Radar, Mac Slocum raises a question that our more tech savvy readers may be wondering about themselves. Mac admits that he carries “a tablet and a laptop and a smartphone” and wonders how “the dream of one device to rule them all has morphed into a hazy vision of three devices that are all somehow necessary (tablet for browsing/consuming, laptop for real work, phone for on-the-go updates/camera — how did it come to this?).” He frankly admits that for him, the tablet experience cannot replace the laptop – yet. Then he provides a tablet “wish list” that participants in “a recent back-channel email thread” came up with.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways