According to this post on Reppler, an online reputation company, “69% of Hiring Managers Have Rejected Candidates Based on Social Networking Presence.” The folks at Reppler surveyed some 300 hiring professionals to test the impact of social networks in screening applicants. They also learned that 91% of those surveyed checked social networking sites to gather information about prospective employees. While these findings may be self-serving given that Reppler is a service geared to helping “manage your online image across the different social networks,” nonetheless they tend to confirm anecdotal evidence about the use of social networking in hiring practice.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake