“Amazon.com is “in talks to launch … a “digital-books library.” Much as Netflix currently does with films and TV shows, or Spotify and others are doing with music, Amazon has its eye on developing an “all-you-can-eat” plan for digital books–for one annual fee, goes the thinking, readers can gorge themselves on e-books throughout the year.” If Amazon take over the market for e-books where does that leave library efforts to lend e-books to their patrons?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways