AUSTIN, Texas (May 25, 2011)–Paratext is pleased to announce that links to the reference works from the Sharpe Online Reference collection have been added to the nearly 50,000 scholarly subject encyclopedias and other reference titles accessible via Reference Universe. Sharpe Online Reference (SOLR) includes the titles that make up the U.S. and Global History and Culture collections. SOLR brings together award-wining subject coverage, the convenience and flexibility of online research and a fresh new approach to digital content ownership.
Diana McDermott, Vice-President and Director of Marketing and Sales for SOLR, says “We are delighted that the thousands of authoritative, accessible articles available on Sharpe Online Reference will now be easily discoverable on Reference Universe. We are confident that through this partnership students will find exactly the information they need and librarians will be pleased with increased usage of their resources.”
Adds Peggy Fulton, Product Director of Paratext, “Adding the SOLR titles enhances the breadth and depth of Reference Universe in the areas of global history and culture. Our library customers remind us regularly that access to authoritative history and cultural content makes up the substantial share of Reference Universe use, and adding the SOLR content further enhances the coverage and usefulness for us.”
You can find the full press release here. Additional information about Paratext resources can be found at www.paratext.com.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake