The 2011 Charleston Conference Call for Papers form is now open. Please submit your proposal by 5 pm EST on July 15th, 2011.
We are looking for proposals for the following session types:
1) Lively Lunch Discussions: Thurs or Fri, 75 minutes, focused on discussion and audience participation;
2) Concurrent Sessions: Thurs or Fri, 45 minutes, standard presentation with 5-10 min for Q&A;
3) Innovation Sessions: Sat, 30 min, focus on new technology, innovative thinking, etc.
4) Poster Sessions: New for 2011! Thurs or Fri, 30 minutes
5) Shotgun Sessions: New for 2011! Thurs or Fri, 6 minute 40 second PowerPoint presentation (20 slides, 20 seconds each), and another 9 minutes for discussion.
The 31st Charleston Conference – Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition
November 2 (Preconferences and Vendor Showcase)
November 3-5 (Main Conference), 2011
2011 Theme – Somethings Gotta Give!
Begun in 1980, the Charleston Conference has grown from 20 participants in 1980 to over 1,100 in 2010. The Charleston Conference is “the best library conference in the world.”
Contact Leah Hinds with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you in November!
Katina and the Charleston Conference Crew