Gale, part of Cengage Learning, and TheGreenInterview.com, a Canadian subscription website offering unparalleled information on environmental subjects, today announced an agreement to enhance the content of GREENR, Gale’s electronic resource offering authoritative reference content in the area of sustainable development, the environment, energy and natural resources.
TheGreenInterview.com will be providing Gale with video interviews covering a range of issues connected to our planet, humans on Earth, damage to our ecosystem, alternative development ideas, sustainability and more. Transcripts and audio (MP3) files of the video content and biographies of the interviewees in each video segment will also be available. Additional Green Interview content will be added to GREENR in the future, as it is produced. The agreement also licenses to Gale two blogs from TheGreenInterview.com that discuss current and past environmental topics and developments.
“As a leading resource in a highly dynamic field, GREENR is the place-of-record for innovative global thinking about the environment,” said Jim Draper, vice president and publisher, Gale. “We are excited to bring this powerful and privileged content from our Canadian colleagues at TheGreenInterview.com to our GREENR customers.”
TheGreenInterview.com, hosted by noted author, speaker and educator Silver Donald Cameron, provides an e-newsletter and video series that captures, in interview form, the ideas of the world’s most prominent advocates of sustainability and environmental protection. The shows are produced and directed by Chris Beckett, and released in association with Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
“We’re delighted by this new relationship with Gale, who provides such great resources to the libraries of the world,” said Silver Donald Cameron, host and executive producer of TheGreenInterview.com. “Working with Gale puts our material into thousands of libraries that we could never reach on our own –and multiplies the impact of these great thinkers and activists immeasurably.”
Launched in April 2010, TheGreenInterview.com seeks out leaders, the “green giants” of our time, for intense, searching conversations (running an hour or more), and makes those interviews available to its subscribing customers via its website. The goal of TheGreenInterview.com is to amass an unparalleled library of extended video and audio interviews with the world’s environmental leaders. A few of the notable interviews currently available or in production include:
- James Lovelock, the originator of the Gaia theory, which holds that the Earth behaves like a single living organism. Lovelock’s importance to science has been compared to that of Darwin.
- Paul Watson, head of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, the most powerful organization in the world in defense of whales, seals and sea life, and the hero of the hit TV series Whale Wars.
- Dr. Vandana Shiva, physicist, philosopher, environmental activist, eco-feminist, and author of numerous books on subjects like Biopiracy and Earth Democracy.
- Dr. William Rees, who devised the famous “Ecological Footprint,” which measures the proportion of the Earth’s resources any group of people is using – a single person, a village or region, or the entire human race.
- The Honorable Jigme Yoser Thinley, the first democratically-elected Prime Minister of Bhutan, who is dedicated to improving Bhutan’s Gross National Happiness as opposed to its Gross National Product.
- Jane Goodall, the scientist whose studies with chimpanzees redefined the nature of human beings, and whose Jane Goodall Institute programs pursue habitat restoration and involve youth in ecological action.
The complete list can be found online at http://www.thegreeninterview.com/interviews. TheGreenInterview.com content will be added to GREENR at no additional cost to current customers.
For more information on this agreement, please visit the Gale booth (#7) at the Atlantic Provinces Library Association meeting taking place May 16-18 in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. For more information or to set up a trial of GREENR, please contact Kristina Massari at email@example.com. For further information about The Green Interview, contact Silver Donald Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (902) 446-5577.