ABA will market the Espresso Book Machine(r) to member bookstores and help permission publisher titles to the network
The American Booksellers Association (ABA) and On Demand Books (ODB), the maker of the Espresso Book Machine(r) (EBM), have entered into a joint marketing agreement whereby the ABA will market the EBM to member bookstores and help permission publisher titles to the EBM sales channel.
Essentially an ATM for books, the patented EBM and its EspressNet(r) software system links to a vast network of content, enabling the instant distribution of books, on demand, at point of sale. With the push of a button, the technology prints, binds, and trims a bookstore-quality, perfect-bound paperback book, in any language, with a full-color cover, in minutes. It is an environmentally friendly technology since it eliminates shipping, returns, and the pulping of unwanted books.
For more information, visit http://www.ondemandbooks.com/.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways