ABA will market the Espresso Book Machine(r) to member bookstores and help permission publisher titles to the network
The American Booksellers Association (ABA) and On Demand Books (ODB), the maker of the Espresso Book Machine(r) (EBM), have entered into a joint marketing agreement whereby the ABA will market the EBM to member bookstores and help permission publisher titles to the EBM sales channel.
Essentially an ATM for books, the patented EBM and its EspressNet(r) software system links to a vast network of content, enabling the instant distribution of books, on demand, at point of sale. With the push of a button, the technology prints, binds, and trims a bookstore-quality, perfect-bound paperback book, in any language, with a full-color cover, in minutes. It is an environmentally friendly technology since it eliminates shipping, returns, and the pulping of unwanted books.
For more information, visit http://www.ondemandbooks.com/.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake