Oxford University Press and Berg Publishers have released the Berg Fashion Library Online. The distribution deal is enabled by the Oxford University Press implementation of the Semantico Access Management System (SAMS) GateKeeper module.
Semantico, a leading provider of technology and services for online publishing, provide Oxford University Press with the Semantico Access Management System (SAMS) that keeps OUP’s subscription and access information in a central application. SAMS GateKeeper makes the system even more versatile by enabling Oxford to act a distributor for other content.
SAMS GateKeeper allows OUP’s central access management system to interact with a number of different publishing platforms, built on different technologies. It provides a simple way of bringing new platforms, acquired through distribution deals, under the control of a powerful consistent system with a sophisticated approach to the relationships between publishers, libraries and end users. This useful technology is becoming increasingly popular for publishers who recognise that it can enable new alliances and growth.
Berg Fashion Library is a multi award winning portal that offers users fully cross-searchable access to an expanding range of Berg content that also includes the Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, in a convenient online format. Users can benefit from a range of access choices provided by the system, including access via IP recognition, ATHENS/Shibboleth, library cards, and username and password for remote users.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake