Oxford University Press and Berg Publishers have released the Berg Fashion Library Online. The distribution deal is enabled by the Oxford University Press implementation of the Semantico Access Management System (SAMS) GateKeeper module.
Semantico, a leading provider of technology and services for online publishing, provide Oxford University Press with the Semantico Access Management System (SAMS) that keeps OUP’s subscription and access information in a central application. SAMS GateKeeper makes the system even more versatile by enabling Oxford to act a distributor for other content.
SAMS GateKeeper allows OUP’s central access management system to interact with a number of different publishing platforms, built on different technologies. It provides a simple way of bringing new platforms, acquired through distribution deals, under the control of a powerful consistent system with a sophisticated approach to the relationships between publishers, libraries and end users. This useful technology is becoming increasingly popular for publishers who recognise that it can enable new alliances and growth.
Berg Fashion Library is a multi award winning portal that offers users fully cross-searchable access to an expanding range of Berg content that also includes the Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, in a convenient online format. Users can benefit from a range of access choices provided by the system, including access via IP recognition, ATHENS/Shibboleth, library cards, and username and password for remote users.
- Ryan on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- James Harper on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- Jenica on A Note from the Editor
- silentlibrarian on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention
- Mary Page on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention