POSITION: Acquisitions Librarian and Associate Chair, Acquisitions Department
LOCATION: University of Florida, George A. Smathers Libraries
JOB SUMMARY: In this tenure track faculty position, the Acquisitions Librarian serves as Associate Chair and assists the Acquisitions Department Chair to establish strategic goals for the department, and manages the daily operations and functions of procuring resources and materials in a variety of formats to build the libraries’ collections and support its mission. The Associate Chair/Acquisitions Librarian conducts ongoing analysis of existing workflows; then creates initiatives and develops online tools to improve methods and procedures for acquiring resources in a timely, cost-effective method. This position is instrumental in coordinating the acquisition and access of e-book content and assists the department chair in developing and managing demand-driven collection building efforts, including shared e-book plans. The Associate Chair/Acquisitions Librarian routinely works with staff from departments within the division as well as selectors and staff across the University to develop interdepartmental projects, reporting, and initiatives. Organizes and leads departmental training to develop technical services competencies, and serves as department training liaison for acquisitions functions carried out by staff and faculty external to the Acquisitions Department. The Acquisitions Librarian will partner with librarians from the State University Libraries (SUL) and other library consortia, Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA), and cooperative partnerships to conduct acquisitions and collection management projects; and, will serve on state and national library committees.
For more details, including the qualifications and application instructions, please see the full posting at http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/pers/documents/AcquisitionsLibrarianFINAL-PVA.pdf.
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake
- Jonathan Harwell on ATG Hot Topics of the Week
- Ramune Kubilius on ATG: “I Wonder” Wednesday: Is your library being required to pay for post-cancellation access to journals previously subscribed to and for which you have already paid?