The ALCTS Continuing Resources Section, Electronic Resources Interest Group (ERIG) is seeking proposals for presentations at our program at the ALA Mid-Winter meeting in New Orleans, LA. The ALCTS CRS ERIG meeting will be on Saturday, June 25th from 10:30 a.m. – noon.
Implementing and Managing Webscale Discovery Services: Implications for E-Resources Librarians
Many libraries and librarians are scrambling to roll out discovery layer services which make library, institution and wider community sponsored resources discoverable from a single search box. How does the dream of a “Google-like” search box for all scholarly materials bump into the realities of implementation?
Consider contributing to a panel discussion on a topic, such as:
- Criteria and process for selecting a discovery service
- Trade-offs between data and content supplied by different vendors
- Determining what to include in the default search
- Presenting an advanced search and subject scopes
- Impact on or integration with other discovery tool (ILS, database and e-journal lists, etc) workflows
- Effects on resource usage and collection development decisions
- Usability testing
- Assessing use and impact of a webscale discovery service
- Lessons learned and next steps
Each panelist/group will have approximately 15 minutes for the presentation, and audience questions and discussion will be encouraged after the presentations.
Email proposals by Wednesday, May 11th to Christine Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation title
- Brief summary of proposed presentation
- Names and positions of presenter(s)
- Email address(es) of presenter(s)