We’re turning up the burners on this week’s Article of the Week. “No Room for Books” chronicles the University of Denver’s “repurposing” of library space in their ongoing remodel. To make room for technology and student interaction, Penrose Library will only bring back 20% of its print collection. Is this a library?
Is this a stunt or trend, we’d like to know!
Middle English librārie, from Anglo-Norman, from Latin librārium, bookcase, from neuter of libraries, of books, from liber-, book.
–American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Story and Comments here: http://www.against-the-grain.com/2011/04/atg-article-of-the-week-no-room-for-books/.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways