We’re turning up the burners on this week’s Article of the Week. “No Room for Books” chronicles the University of Denver’s “repurposing” of library space in their ongoing remodel. To make room for technology and student interaction, Penrose Library will only bring back 20% of its print collection. Is this a library?
Is this a stunt or trend, we’d like to know!
Middle English librārie, from Anglo-Norman, from Latin librārium, bookcase, from neuter of libraries, of books, from liber-, book.
–American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Story and Comments here: http://www.against-the-grain.com/2011/04/atg-article-of-the-week-no-room-for-books/.
- Ryan on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- James Harper on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- Jenica on A Note from the Editor
- silentlibrarian on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention
- Mary Page on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention