We’re turning up the burners on this week’s Article of the Week. “No Room for Books” chronicles the University of Denver’s “repurposing” of library space in their ongoing remodel. To make room for technology and student interaction, Penrose Library will only bring back 20% of its print collection. Is this a library?
Is this a stunt or trend, we’d like to know!
Middle English librārie, from Anglo-Norman, from Latin librārium, bookcase, from neuter of libraries, of books, from liber-, book.
–American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Story and Comments here: http://www.against-the-grain.com/2011/04/atg-article-of-the-week-no-room-for-books/.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake