In order of caliente:
- Muy Caliente: Hathi Trust parks the scanned content of member libraries. This includes, presumably, the Google Book Project booty. Membership is everything…
- Picante: your scanned repository stuff—those preprints from your biologists, the Old Dutchman Mine photographs
- Gringo (ketchup): those of us who were not part of the Google Book Project: You’re not member, you’re not a player.
Mind you, this is traction. Summon is leading discovery, Hathi Trust is the only game in town after the Google Book Bust. Question: how do we play this—can the rest of us become Google and scan our stuff, put in Hathi Trust? Also, is this a Summon exclusive—a gotchya for, say, Ebsco’s HBR?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways