Credo Reference, the award-winning online reference service, is pleased to announce the launch of Subject Collections. These convenient collections, designed to provide comprehensive coverage of key subjects, add to the rapidly growing reference e-book offerings on Credo Reference.
The eight new collections offer titles from 11 key reference publishers including Wiley-Blackwell, Elsevier, SAGE Reference and Berkshire Publishing Group. Additional Subject Collections are planned for Fall 2011.
Available for perpetual purchase or subscription, Subject Collections offer a carefully selected set of titles chosen specifically for their subject relevance, reference quality and academic awards. This thoughtful approach makes reference collection development even easier for librarians. Subject Collections and Publisher Collections are available standalone or alongside a subscription to Credo General Reference.
The eight new Subject Collections cover the following key subject areas:
- Environmental Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- General Health and Wellness
- Political Science
- Criminal Justice
- Contemporary Issues and Controversies
“These collections simplify the collection development process for libraries seeking online reference content that offers comprehensive coverage of a subject.” commented John Dove, Credo Reference President. “We are thrilled to offer even more choices to libraries and researchers in this way. We continue in our commitment to providing a discoverable and compelling online reference service that promotes information literacy and research effectiveness.”
Subject Collections join the other options for content acquisition on Credo Reference: Credo General Reference which now includes over 540 titles across all major subject areas and Publisher Collections offering 28 collections from 13 publishers for subscription or perpetual purchase. Credo Reference offers a growing list of over 1,500 titles on the top-rated Credo Reference platform.
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake