Bellwether Publishing is pleased to announce that it has received the coveted Association of American Geographer’s Publication Award in recognition of 50 years of sustained support for the discipline of Geography. The Bellwether journals were noted as having been “important in shaping the intellectual trajectory of the discipline over several decades.”
Bellwether’s long-established five journals include:
- Eurasian Geography and Economics, 6 issues per volume (published since 1980) #1 in Area Studies in the Journal Citation Reports for 2010. Original papers on timely geographic and economic issues in China, Russia, India, European union, and other regions within the Eurasian realm.
- GiScience and Remote Sensing, 4 issues per volume (published since 1964) Basic and applied research on cartography, geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing of the environment (including digital image processing), geocomputation, spatial data mining, spatial statistics, and geographic environmental modeling.
- Physical Geography, 6 issues per volume (published since 1980) Research articles covering the environmental sciences and devoted to new research directions in geomorphology, climatology, soil-science, biogeography (plant and animal geography), and research methods in physical geography.
- Urban Geography, 8 issues per volume (published since 1980) Problem -oriented current research on urban policy; race, poverty, and ethnicity in the city; international differences in urban form and function; historical preservation; the urban housing market; and provision of services and urban economic activity.
- Post-Soviet Affairs, 4 issues per volume (published since 1984) Current research and analysis of the state of the economy and society of the republics of the former Soviet Union, including progress toward economic reform, and linkages between political and social changes and economic developments.
More information and subscription rates are available at the Bellwether website, http://www.bellpub.com/. Online access is through the MetaPress platform. Subscriptions options for libraries include print + online, and online only. All current year subscriptions include free online access back to 2002.