From a press release by ebrary, Jan. 25, 2011:
In response to requests from the public library community, ebrary®, a leading provider of e-books and research technology, today announced that it has added popular fiction e-books to Public Library Complete™. The collection now includes more than 3,200 e-books in romance, science fiction, mysteries, children’s fiction, and other types of fiction published in 2010 and earlier.
In total, Public Library Complete features a growing collection of approximately 23,000 e-books from the world’s leading publishers in multiple subject areas. Available under an affordable subscription model with unlimited, multi-user access, Public Library Complete is the most comprehensive, cost-effective collection available to public libraries today.
“ebrary is committed to serving the needs of public libraries, and we are thrilled by the support and input that we have received from librarians throughout the country and abroad,” said Kevin Sayar, President and General Manager of ebrary. “Since launching Public Library Complete last summer, we have added a significant number of fiction titles and hundreds of additional e-books in subject areas such as schools and studying, career development, and practical life skills. We thank the public library community as well as our Public Library Advisory Board for helping us better understand and address patron needs.”
Public Library Complete also includes powerful tools and services that make it easy for patrons to find, use, and manage the information they need online including:
- DASH! ™ (Data Sharing, Fast), which enables librarians to create and integrate their own digital repositories of special collections, government documents, ephemera, and other materials on the same ebrary platform.
- Powerful research technology including InfoTools™, highlights and notes, and personal bookshelves.
· ADA 508C compliant content, text-to-speech, and other accessibility features.
· 24/7 access through any web-enabled device including the iPad.
- Complimentary marketing services to promote ebrary to patrons and increase discovery.
· Around-the-clock, web-based training with a real person.
Additionally, ebrary offers free on-demand MARC records and granular, COUNTER-compliant usage reports that show pages viewed, copied and printed while protecting end-user privacy.
To request a demo, title list, or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.