Serials Solutions Releases its Enhanced Ulrichsweb Interface to Make Comprehensive Serials Information Easily Accessible
New Features Dramatically Improve Searching, Exporting and Sharing Capabilities, Seattle – Dec. 20, 2010 – Serials Solutions, a business unit of ProQuest LLC, today announced the availability of its enhanced interface for its Ulrichsweb™ global serials intelligence service.
Ulrichsweb is an integrated, continuously updated service that enables librarians and patrons to discover, explore, annotate and reuse information about periodicals and the companies that publish and provide them. The new, enhanced interface enables librarians and users to take advantage of the ways Ulrichsweb has grown and evolved to make its depth and breadth of knowledge more accessible. Ulrichsweb helps librarians find, evaluate and share the bibliographic and provider information they need for effective collection building and management. Patrons use Ulrichsweb to quickly identify serials sources, verify the quality of those resources, and e-mail or save research notes without needing to learn a complex interface.
Serials Solutions continues to develop Ulrichsweb as a comprehensive and content-neutral source, providing unbiased information about electronic, print and microform serials from a wide range of commercial, scholarly, Open Access and other publishers across all subject areas and languages.
The following list of enhancements and features are included in the new Ulrichsweb interface:
· Expanded international coverage adding details for hundreds of non-English full-text and indexing databases and sources, and tens of thousands of new serials titles.
· Alignment with Serials Solutions® KnowledgeWorks enabling a richer, integrated knowledgebase of information about print and e-journals and their providers.
· More than 100,000 Provider Authority Records, from Serials Solutions’ expanded Publisher Outreach Program, providing users with in-depth information about publishers and aggregators.
· New search capabilities creating more accurate and relevant search results.
· Faceted results browsing allowing users to filter by type of serial, peer-reviewed status or other qualifying information to improve serials discoverability.
· New data export formats and research sharing tools allowing users to save and send search results in a format that is most convenient for them.
· User-specific personalization including interface language localization and personal alerts and lists, enabling users to customize the Ulrich’s search experience to meet their individual needs.
· New usage reporting options and a simpler administrative console allowing librarians to administer Ulrichsweb through the Serials Solutions Client Center alongside their other Serials Solutions services.
· A new API with XML and JSON options allowing librarians and technical staff to easily integrate Ulrich’s data into their library’s web pages and discovery services in order to provide researchers and staff with reliable, continuously updated information about electronic and print serials.
· Expanded linking partnerships and OpenURL awareness letting libraries enable interaction between Ulrichsweb and other serials-related resources including their OPACs and discovery services.
For more information about Ulrichsweb, visit www.serialssolutions.com/ulrichsweb.