TAP Information Services and LearningTimes invite librarians, library staff, vendors, graduate students, and developers to submit program proposals related to the topic of mobile library services for the Handheld Librarian 4 conference (HHL4). The event will be held on February 23 and 24, 2011 and feature keynote presentations by digital information pundits Peter Brantley, Jeremy Kemp and Lee Rainey.
Thousands of library and education professionals have participated in
previous events – it’s time for you to contribute to the conversation!
Submit your proposal by December 15, 2010 at: http://www.handheldlibrarian.org/proposal-submissions
Prefer to participate? Registration is now open with special early bird
rates for individuals and groups at: http://www.handheldlibrarian.org
The Handheld Librarian 4 online conference will feature highly interactive, live sessions, as well as recorded content and relevant resources. We are interested in a broad range of submissions that highlight current, evolving and future issues in mobile library services. HHL4 will also feature a program track with presentations by graduate library students.
Presentations may include, but are not limited to, the following program
* location-based social networking
* augmented reality
* device and OS trends
* QR codes
* mobile trend spotting
* mobile technologies impacting society
* web/app development best practices
Submit your proposal by completing this webform by December 15, 2010: http://www.handheldlibrarian.org/submissions-form .
Online presentations may be conducted in one of four formats:
* a 45-minute live online session (i.e. synchronous webcast)
* a 15 minute student presentation ***
* a 10 minute live online session or
* a pre-recorded presentation (i.e. narrated web tour or slides).
***time will be reserved for students enrolled in library science
programs at accredited institutions
To view a few great examples of presentation during HHL3, please visit:
You will be notified by January 15, 2011 if your proposal has been
accepted. Conference registration fees are waived for speakers.
Presenters are expected to:
– Conduct your session using Adobe Connect (computer, Internet, mic
– Provide a digital photo of yourself for the conference website
– Respond to questions from attendees
– Attend an online 30-60 minute training on Adobe Connect prior to the
Thank you for considering submitting a proposal. If you have questions,
Remember, proposals are due December 15, 2010. Submit yours today at: