Call for Papers
The Second Annual Collections Research Forum
Emerging Research in Collection Management & Development
ALA Annual 2011
The Publications Committee of the Collection Management & Development Section of ALCTS is sponsoring the Second Annual Collections Research Forum, “Emerging Research in Collection Management & Development,” at the 2011 American Library Association Annual Conference in New Orleans. This is an opportunity to present and discuss your research. Both completed research and research in progress will be considered. All researchers, including collection practitioners from all types of libraries, library school faculty and students, and other interested individuals, are encouraged to submit a proposal.
The Committee will use a “blind review” process to select two projects. The selected researchers are required to present their papers in person at the forum. Each researcher should plan for a 25-30 minute presentation, with a 10-15 minute open discussion following each presentation. Criteria for selection are:
- Significance of the study for improving collection management and development practices
- Potential for research to fill a gap in collections scholarship or to build on previous studies
- Quality and creativity of the methodology
- Previously published research or research accepted for publication prior to November 5, 2010, will not be accepted.
The submission must consist of no more than two pages. On the first page, please list your name(s), title(s), institutional affiliation(s), and contact information (including your mailing address, telephone number, fax number, and email address). The second page should be a one-page proposal, and it should NOT show your name or any personal information. Instead, it must include only:
- The title of your project
- A clear statement of the research problem
- A description of the research methodology used
- Results of the project, if any
The deadline for proposals is November 5, 2010. Notification of acceptance will be made by December 1, 2010.
Please send submissions to:
Stephen H. Dew
Chair, CMDS Publications Committee