The Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS), invites you to ALCTS 101 an event hosted by the ALCTS New Members Interest Group (ANMIG), in conjunction with the Membership and Leadership Development Committees, at the 2010 ALA Annual Conference.
This event will be held on Friday June 25th 7:30pm – 9:00 pm in Room 146C at the Washington Convention Center
The following ALCTS section members will talk briefly about their section and how you can become involved:
- Cynthia Whitacre – Cataloging and Classification Section (CCS)
- Marlene Harris – Council of Regional Groups (CRG)
- Karen Darling – Acquisitions Section (AS)
- Lynda Wright – Continuing Resources Section (CRS)
- Gina Minks – Preservation and Reformatting Section (PARS)
- Reeta Sinha – Collection Management and Development Section (CMDS)
- Amy Jackson – ALCTS New Members Interest Group (ANMIG)
The program will also include small group networking opportunities with the speakers listed above, ALCTS interest group representatives, and other ALCTS leaders.
- PRIZES: New ALCTS members (of less than 5 years) will be eligible to win a free ALCTS membership renewal
- NETWORKING: Meet ALCTS members and section leaders Also, make sure to join us for an informal happy hour after this meeting. Details to be announced at the meeting.
Learn more about ALCTS http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/index.cfm
Learn more about the ALCTS New Members Interest Group (ANMIG) http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/mgrps/ig/ats-ignmbr.cfm
If you would like to hear more about ANMIG activities please join our ALA Connect group. This group is open to all ALA members. We strongly encourage ALCTS nonmembers to join and learn more about what ALCTS can do for you. http://connect.ala.org/node/85257
For more information please contact:
Amy Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org), ANMIG Co-Chair
Keisha Manning (email@example.com), ANMIG Co-Chair
Deborah Ryszka (firstname.lastname@example.org), Membership Committee Chair
Please note that the ALCTS New Members Interest Group meeting on Saturday, June 26, 10:30am-12:00pm, is cancelled and replaced by this event.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways