LYRASIS, the nation’s largest regional membership organization serving libraries and information professionals, announces that nominations are now open for two awards.
The LYRASIS 2010 Excellence Award will honor one individual who has made a significant and exceptional contribution in areas central to LYRASIS’ vision of strengthening libraries through collaboration, creative solutions, and leadership for libraries. The 2010 Award includes a $2500 award and a one-year free membership to LYRASIS for the recipient’s institution.
The LYRASIS 2010 NextGen Librarian Award will honor three librarians new to the library profession who demonstrate an innovative and fresh approach to the profession and are leaders in our rapidly changing world. They will receive an honorarium to cover registration and hotel accommodations to a library conference of their choice.
The deadline is April 30, 2010. Self-nominations are not accepted. The winners will be announced in June 2010 and presented at the ALA 2010 Annual Conference in Washington, DC. For more information, please visit the awards page on the LYRASIS website, www.lyrasis.org.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways