LYRASIS congratulates Margaret Lourie, educational services librarian at LYRASIS, for receiving the 2010 New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Award for Excellence in Library Technical Services. The award, from the New England Technical Services Librarians, a section of the New England Library Association, recognizes and honors significant New England-based contributions to the field of library technical services.
In particular, Margaret Lourie was cited for:
- her extensive and excellent work as a trainer and consultant to New England technical services librarians;
- her dedication to planning outstanding programs and contributing to the professional development of the library community;
- her creative leadership and participation in professional activities and local library associations;
- her strong encouragement of libraries to “work smarter” and more cost-effectively in service to their users;
- her generosity in sharing her knowledge and energy with technical services librarians throughout New England.
In her position at LYRASIS, she teaches courses in cataloging and technical services, consults with libraries to help them increase efficiency in their technical services workflow, and assists members with cataloging and bibliographic products and services. Margaret Lourie previously served as head of technical services at the State Library of Massachusetts and at Suffolk University. She holds an AMLS from the University of Michigan, an MA in Slavic Studies from Boston College, and an MBA from Suffolk University.