Registration is now open for the New England Technical Services Librarians’ 2010 Spring Conference!
Visit http://www.nelib.org/netsl/conference/2010/index.htm for more details on the program and registration information. We look forward to seeing you there!
NETSL Annual Spring Conference Program 2010: Crosswalks to the Future: Library Metadata on the Move
Thursday, April 15, 2010
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
Hogan Campus Center, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
Registration (closes April 2, 2010):
NELA/NETSL Member: $50
Student / Unemployed: $25
Morning Keynote Speaker:
Dr. Barbara B. Tillett, Chief, Policy and Standards Division, Library of Congress
“Building Blocks for the Future: Making Controlled Vocabularies Available for the Semantic Web”
Morning Breakout Sessions
- Managing Objects and Data: From Call Numbers to Namespaces / Mark Caprio, Digital Services and Cataloging Librarian, Providence College and Martha Rice Sanders, Knowledge Management Librarian, The HELIN Consortium
- Mapping Bibliographic Metadata / Jean Godby, Research Scientist, OCLC
- Next Generation Library Systems / Kathryn Harnish, Director of URM Product Management, Ex Libris
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Metadata 101 / Kelcy Shepherd, Digital Interfaces Librarian, University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries
- Go Fish! How to Catch and Clean MARC Records Using Z39.50 and MarcEdit/ Benjamin Abrahamse, Head, Serials Cataloging Section, Cataloging and Metadata Services, MIT Libraries
- Another Full Service Bibliographic Utility for Cataloging: Why This Matters / Leslie Strauss, President, SkyRiver
Afternoon Keynote Speaker:
Jon Orwant, Engineering Manager for Google Books, Google Magazines, and Google Patents
“Creating a Trillion-Field Catalog: Metadata in Google Books”