The SLA Nominating Committee has identified ten candidates for election to the 2011 SLA Board of Directors. The committee is responsible for soliciting names of potential candidates from the membership and putting together a slate of candidates that has exceptional talent, is professionally diverse, and provides regionally balanced representation.
Members will have several opportunities to hear from and get to know candidates at the SLA 2010 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO in New Orleans. The election will be held electronically in mid-September 2010.
The candidates running for election to the 2011 SLA Board of Directors are:
- Brent Mai, Concordia University, Portland, Ore.
- David Stern, Maximize Information, Providence, R.I.
For Chapter Cabinet Chair-Elect:
- James E. Manasco,University of Louisville, Louisville, Ky.
- Ulla de Stricker, de Stricker Associates, Toronto
For Division Cabinet Chair-Elect:
- Scott Brown, Social Information Group, Longmont, Colo.
- Richard Huffine, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, Va.
For Director (two positions):
- Nerida Hart, HartKnowledge Consulting, Murrumbateman, NSW, Australia
- Jill Hurst-Wahl, Syracuse University/Hurst Associates Ltd., Syracuse, N.Y.
- P.K. Jain, Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi Enclave, Delhi, India
- Sara Tompson, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
For more information about SLA’s governance practices and leadership, please visit the Board of Directors section of our Web site at http://www.sla.org/content/SLA/governance/bodsection/index.cfm.