The Executive MLIS program at San Jose State University is designed for experienced library managers or supervisors who are interested in earning an ALA-accredited master’s degree, allowing them to take the next step in their professional growth. We invite you to share this information with your colleagues, as the Executive MLIS program may be just what they are looking for, and the application deadline for Fall 2010 is fast approaching – March 30.
The Executive MLIS program complements the professional experience of students, building upon their existing knowledge and preparing them to take on new leadership roles. Students explore the core competencies of librarianship, along with leadership topics, such as program evaluation, human resource management, marketing, and financial management.
All courses are completed through distance learning, allowing students live anywhere as they earn their degree.
Dr. Patricia C. Franks, Associate Professor
Executive MLIS Program Coordinator
San Jose School of Library and Information Science
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways