OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials.
The Product & Services Sales Consultant (Resource Sharing/ILLiad/Navigator) is responsible for marketing and sales of specific product lines to the library community within the United States. The focus of their responsibility is on attaining and surpassing sales goals established for each fiscal year and maintaining strong relationships with various organizations in the market. These organizations include but are not limited individual libraries, state libraries, groups, and library consortia.
OCLC is based in Dublin, OH, however this position can work out of any location in the U.S.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.oclc.jobs and look for job number 1809.
- Partner with various libraries and library organizations to sell OCLC’s resource sharing solutions, specifically ILLiad, VDX, and Navigator. This role also sells WorldCat Link Manager. Proven sales results are expected based on experience.
- As part of this responsibility, builds and maintains strong personal/professional relationships at various levels with libraries.
- Identifies accounts and develops a sales plan for developing new business.
- Uses Wilson Learning consultative selling methods and Miller-Heiman strategic selling methods to build and manage relationships, identify needs and match OCLC services to help the organizations achieve their objectives and enhance their business operations. Sales activities include onsite visits, telephone sales, cold calling, web sessions, proposal preparation, and presentations.
- Provides for/coordinates after the sale installation and service to ensure successful implementation and reorders.
- Participates in marketing communications activities, including advertising, brochures, direct mail, news releases, and newsletter articles.
- After initial implementation, develops renewal plan as part of territory plan.
- Provides a follow-up mechanism for fostering a quality personal/professional relationship between customers/potential customers and OCLC.
- Maintains specialized and in-depth knowledge of OCLC products and services, including an understanding of the interrelationships of the OCLC services and is able to relate this knowledge to a thorough knowledge of the library market.
- Previous experience in selling resource sharing solutions to the library industry.
- An in-depth understanding of library markets and relationships with libraries and consortia.
- Minimum five years’ experience with at least three years in a sales position, preferably selling to the library industry.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Requires an ALA-accredited MLS degree or equivalent library or sales experience.
- Moderate travel required (anticipated 30%-40%)