New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Executive Board is seeking nominations for its annual NETSL Award for Excellence in Library Technical Services.
The NETSL Award recognizes and honors significant New England-based contributions to the field of library technical services. Contributions may have been made in New England by librarians from throughout the United States, or nationally by librarians residing in New England, through publications, service, or innovations in practice. The NETSL Executive Board members select a recipient at their February meeting based on nominations received. The Board reserves the right to suspend the Award for a year if no suitable candidate is nominated.
The next NETSL Award will be presented at the NETSL Annual Spring Conference 2010: Crosswalks to the Future, April 15, 2010, at College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
- Nominees may be NETSL/NELA members, but membership in the Association is not a requirement.
- A nomination must be accompanied by a written statement that includes the rationale for nomination and, if a resume of the nominee is not appended, a narrative summary of the nominee’s career and achievements. Provision of a resume is strongly recommended.
- Nominations may be made by NETSL members, or by non-members.
- Nominations and statement(s) must be received by the NETSL Vice-President no later than Friday, February 5, 2010.
- Current members of the NETSL Executive Board are not eligible for consideration.
Nominees shall have made contributions to library technical services in one or more of the following areas:
1. Leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional or national level
2. Contributions or innovations in technical services
3. Significant contributions to professional literature
4. Conduct of studies or research in technical services
Past Recipients include:
Lynda Kresge, Birdie MacLennan, Dr. Sheila Intner, Robert L. Cunningham, Matthew Beacom, Catherine Willis, Lisa Palmer, David Miller, and Martha
Please send nominations and inquiries to:
NETSL is a section of the New England Library Association and is
affiliated with the ALCTS Council of Regional Groups. For more
information on NETSL, visit our website at: