Ingram Content Group Inc., a wholesale distributor of physical and digital content, today announced the launch of the Ingram Wire, a downloadable desktop application for the bookselling community.
The Ingram Wire desktop application, a user-friendly Mac and PC-compatible application built on Adobe® AIR™, brings Ingram’s product expertise and stock information directly to customers’ desktops.
Through the downloadable desktop app, booksellers receive stock news on fast-moving titles specific to their assigned distribution center, alerts on top awards and breaking events, as well as “backorder now” messages to ensure they are among the first for allocations. From the desktop, users can click directly to ipage®, Ingram’s e-business tool for the book industry, to place orders. The Ingram Wire desktop application is 100% opt-in, and messages are prompted by business need, not advertising. Customers can download the application at www.ingramwire.com.
The Ingram Wire product initiative will also be carried out through several other Ingram outlets including Advance magazine, e-newsletters, and ipage.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways