Director of Technical Services-Global
Ingram Library Services, an Ingram Content Group Company
The Director of Technical Services manages an international team of managers in setting priorities and allocating workload among the Library cataloging and processing (C&P) work centers globally including the US, Canada, and the UK. Directs the long-range planning and strategic direction of these departments, and recommends capital, expense and process change solutions. Partners with Logistics, Signature Services and other customer-facing units, ensuring that all critical deadlines are met and key customer deliverables are on target. Maintains statistics on process flow and productivity.
The Director will attend BISG and other book and library industry committees and events. Some travel will be required, at times internationally. The position resides at the Ingram headquarters near Nashville, Tennessee.
- Master of Library Science Degree (or equivalent degree in UK/Canada)
- 10 years experience in cataloging or other library technical services
- 5 years experience working in or with major public libraries or academic libraries
- Experience with and knowledge of library automation systems, bibliographic utilities, and CD-ROM technologies
- Knowledge of MARC, LC, Dewey, NLC, NLM, Moys, and AACR2 classification schemes; LC Subject Headings and OCLC WorldCat Services; and LC, CSH, MESH and Sears subject analysis formats
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent, comprehensive benefits offerings.
Ingram Library Services, an Ingram Content Group company, offers libraries the broadest range of print and digital products and complete library services. With immediate access to more than two million titles and fully customizable library services, we bring unmatched service to our public, K-12, and academic librarians.
For more information about Ingram Library Services and Ingram Content Group, or to apply online, please visit Careers / Available Positions at either www.ingramlibrary.com or www.ingramcontent.com. EOE M/F/D/V