Library Associates Companies (LAC) is seeking a Part-time Library Technician to work on a contract position at a Government Agency in Flagstaff, AZ. The Library Technician’s responsibilities include assisting with Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, Collection Maintenance, and Technical Services, when needed. Subject to award.
- Assist with shelving, filing, shifting and processing of library materials.
- Provide circulation, and interlibrary loan services.
- At those times when the on-site Librarian is not available, provide basic reference service to staff and patrons.
- Assist in photocopying and/or scanning of library materials.
- Maintain and report statistics for circulation, reference, and usage of library materials for planning purposes.
- Assist in technical services including: answering questions from staff, bar coding, inventory, online record maintenance, and receiving and processing of library materials.
- Work on special projects such as inventory serials holding; update serial copy summary holding online; compare shelf lists, serial records in manual file against online records and update information online.
- Must have knowledge of the ALA rules and procedures.
- Have knowledge of, and abide by, US copyright laws.
- Good customer service skills, good verbal and written communications skills, and excellent detail-orientation and research skills.
- Proficiency using library software including OCLC and the Sirsi/Dynix integrated library system.
- For immediate consideration, please email resume to the LAC Recruiting Team at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use “Library Technician #1340” as the subject line of your email.
- Please let us know where you saw our posting.
- Library Associates Companies (LAC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.